The Computer Applications syllabus aims to prepare students to be technologically adept citizens, and to function and contribute effectively in an increasingly technologically-driven world.
Aims of CPA Syllabus
- Acquire skills in using a variety of application software and associated computer hardware to accomplish tasks, communicate, and facilitate activities;
- Develop an awareness of how computing technology are used in the home, school, workplace and community;
- Appreciate the role computers play in everyday life and recognise the impact computers have on society and people;
- Develop critical thinking and problem solving skills.
At St. Hilda’s we adopt the S.T.E.E.R Learning Approach to teach CPA:
- State the problem
- Think of what you need to do
- Engage in your work
- Evaluate your work
- Refine your work